The Hobart 165i is one of the better tig welders on the market. Maybe the best for the price. Here’s why:
One reason it’s a good tig welder to consider is that it’s easy to get a handle of, even for a beginner tig welder. You don’t have to manage a bunch of controls, and all you need to adjust are the polarity and the current, and that’s it.
If you want a Miller but can’t afford the price tag, the Hobart EZ Tig 165i is basically the same machine. The only difference is that the Hobart tig welder has a foot control and the Miller has a thumb control. You can always set either one up for thumb or foot control later on.
- The Interface is Easy To Use: Turn it on, choose the metal you’ll be working with, select the thickness of your material, and your welding.
- Reduces debris: A fan runs only as needed so you will have less debris and/or dust sucked into your machine. It’s called ‘Fan On Demand’.
- Infinite Control: You’ll get infinite control of amperage which gives you more control.
- Inverter: The Hobart eZ Tig 165i has a welding arc that has consistency that is just as good as some of the more expensive welders on the market. Plus, you’ll use less energy.
- Portability: It weighs just 50 pounds (23 kilograms), which makes this a light weight machine that you can tote easily.
- HF Starts: ‘HF’ stands for High Frequency. This feature eliminates tungsten and material contamination with a non-contact High Frequency Start.
- Optimum Shielding Gas: An Auto-Postflow feature gives you a shielding gas flow that is at its optimum but without wasting it or time consuming adjustments.
- 5 Year Warranty: Hobart gives you a killer warranty which includes a five year warranty on transformers, stabilizers, and generators. Three year warranty on electronics (rectifiers and drive motors). One year warranty on torches/guns.
- This machine is certified by Canadian Standards Association and U.S. standards for Safety.
Bottom Line: if you want a low priced tig welder that is simple to use and is of the highest quality, the Hobart EZ Tig 165i is the way to go.
Specifications Of The Hobart EZ TIG 165i Tig Welder:
- 230 Volts
- 165 Amps
- Duty Cycle: 20% at 150 Amps
- Infinite Amp Adjustments
- 10 – 165 Range Selection
- Welds Mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, steel/chrome moly
- Weld Thickness (inches) 22 gauge to 3/16.
- Electrode Size (inches): 3/32 collet & collet body with 2% ceriated tungsten
- 12.5 Foot Electrode Cable Length
- 12 Foot Clamp Cable Length
- Includes a Regulator and Gas Hose
- Shielding Gas IS Required
- 10 Foot Power Cord
- Dimensions: Length: 17 Inches. Width: 9 7/8 inches. Hight: 23 7/8 inches.
- 12 months parts and 12 months labor Manufacturer Warranty
- 61.0 lbs Shipping Weight
List Price: $1749.
Actual Pricing: $1400.